Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I think therefore I am?

I think therefore I am - Descartes

This is the application of the scientific approach to philosophy – I only accept what I can prove. I can only prove that I exist – because I am aware that I think. Everything else could be an illusion.

This thinking places man at the centre of his provable universe. This thinking empowers not only mistrust towards God, but towards all creation and society – because there may be nothing else. The only way forward for him is to eat from the tree of good and evil – that is to decide for himself what is good and what is not good - out of his own perspective. This has now become the ultimate self-centered life! One who is so ensnared through this self-centeredness is led in a  downward spiral towards a deepening reality of spiritual darkness – which leads to death.   

And the LORD God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.” (Genesis 2:16 – 17)

No comments:

Post a Comment